Natural light photographer, I thrive on these fleeting moments where the love, joy, or soul shows. My artistic background is always showing through my photography work. You will get the more formal portraits, they are after all, what we are looking for at first . But beyond that, candid moments, soulful mood, unexpected places is also what I want to bring out... I hope you'll like my photographic vision...
Sincerely,
Isabelle ♥

Friday, October 1, 2010

Source Workshop, lesson 5 : Actions!

We're making good progress, already at day 5!  Thanks everyone for joining, your feedback is really appreciated! You can leave comments here or on our Facebook page.


Today's lesson is about actions, the action file is included in the download.  Make sure you have the right one, Elements 7.0 and 8.0 have their own pdfs and files, so grab the right link for you.


For today's lesson Actions! for CS, grab your FILES HERE.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For today's lesson Actions! for Elements 7.0 & 8.0, grab your FILES HERE.



6 comments:

CBH October 1, 2010 at 9:49 a.m.  

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Oct. 01, 2010. Thanks again.

Michelle October 2, 2010 at 2:39 a.m.  

Thank you so much, I'm really enjoying this!
I'm using PSE8 and the action doesn't come up in my action player, it just goes straight into my Effects palette though, I'm guessing because its just a single Action and not a set? :)

Isabelle Lafrance October 2, 2010 at 4:33 a.m.  

No, I don't think it's because it is a single action, set should be loaded into the action player. I have Elements 8.0 and it went into the Player right away. Did you follow the installation path from the workshop? The path is:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\8.0\Locale\en_US\Workflow Panels\actions

If you followed this path, I have no clue why it went into the other folder. "Actions" is the last destination folder. Sorry I can't help much.

Michelle October 2, 2010 at 4:46 a.m.  

I got it right that time :)
I just loaded it the way I usually load actions...is there a difference? I have some of your free actions and they come up in my action player, but they also show up in the effects palette. If you try to use them from Effects you only get the first action of the set though.
Thanks again for doing this, just downloaded part 6!

Isabelle Lafrance October 2, 2010 at 4:55 a.m.  

Yes, there is a difference, as you noticed, you can only have one action of every set in the photo effects folder. In order to have them all, you should load them individually, along with their thumbnails. I have my sets available for Elements 5&6 done that way because it doesn't have an action player.
The action player will load the complete set, and it's way easier to load and to use. So if you have PSE7 and up, I do recommend the Action Player method.

Anita Bower October 5, 2010 at 1:09 p.m.  

Thank you for showing us how to load and use actions, something I've had some difficulty with in the past. Your directions were clear and easy to follow, and the action you provided is lovely. Thanks!!

Followers

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sylvia Cook Photography button Chasing dreams photography I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts!kevinandamanda.com/fonts
IMPORTANT! © COPYRIGHT Isabelle Lafrance The work contained on this blog is copyrighted©Isabelle Lafrance All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP