Natural light photographer, I thrive on these fleeting moments where the love, joy, or soul shows. My artistic background is always showing through my photography work. You will get the more formal portraits, they are after all, what we are looking for at first . But beyond that, candid moments, soulful mood, unexpected places is also what I want to bring out... I hope you'll like my photographic vision...
Sincerely,
Isabelle ♥

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Source Workshop, day four!

We're halfway done guys!  Did you find the last lesson easy?  :)
Today you'll get to smooth skin, but not with the usual Gaussian blur method, this method may be new for you, so I hope you'll have fun trying new things.  Don't worry we are not going to airbrush this lovely girl's face!  Just gently smooth and leave some skin texture, it will be a natural looking enhancement.


Next two lessons will be about Actions and Textures :)


Are you ready to work?


For today's lesson Smooth Skin for CS, grab your FILES HERE..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For today's lesson Smooth Skin for Elements 7.0 & 8.0, grab your FILES HERE..



7 comments:

Carmen September 30, 2010 at 8:28 a.m.  

I had a hard time with the last one... for some reason I couldn't get that part for painting the eyes white. I gave up after several attempts, but did use the lazzo tool to make the eyes look more whiter. I did the three sections yesterday though, so I guess by the time I got to the third part I was tired. But I'm looking forward to the 4th part! Thanks for this worshop!! :)

Cynthia September 30, 2010 at 11:49 a.m.  

Cranking along -- definitely a different technique. Thanks again for sharing!

hootnonny September 30, 2010 at 11:55 a.m.  

I am enjoying this lesson very much! But I am still confused about the grey. Is the neutral gray the squares or areas that show black when the layer is grey?
I read the comments on day 1 and still need a picture painted! Sorry!

Thanks so much!

Isabelle Lafrance September 30, 2010 at 12:09 p.m.  

@ Carmen, I'm glad you managed to find a solution by yourself! You go girl!

@ Hootnonny the neutral grey can be found in the black areas, once your grey layer is on difference blending mode. Color correction is definitely the hardest part of this workshop, I agree :)

Michelle October 1, 2010 at 3:48 a.m.  

I am learning so much from this!! I was already familiar with using layers and brushes from adjusting actions once I ran them, but it is so good to learn how to do things like whiten eyes and smooth skin by myself! Can't wait for the rest, thank you so much for doing this :D

AmandaJean021 October 6, 2010 at 4:36 p.m.  

I have PSE 8 and I don't see where it says group with previous. Is that the same as a clipping mask? thanks!

Isabelle Lafrance October 6, 2010 at 4:41 p.m.  

No, Amanda, it's not the same. You go to Layer in the top toolbar and select "group with previous" or you can use the shortcut CTRl+G.

Followers

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sylvia Cook Photography button Chasing dreams photography I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts!kevinandamanda.com/fonts
IMPORTANT! © COPYRIGHT Isabelle Lafrance The work contained on this blog is copyrighted©Isabelle Lafrance All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP