Natural light photographer, I thrive on these fleeting moments where the love, joy, or soul shows. My artistic background is always showing through my photography work. You will get the more formal portraits, they are after all, what we are looking for at first . But beyond that, candid moments, soulful mood, unexpected places is also what I want to bring out... I hope you'll like my photographic vision...
Sincerely,
Isabelle ♥

Thursday, July 8, 2010

How's your summer?

Hello everyone!
How is your summer so far?  We are under a heat wave and I'm pretty glad to have made the decision not to create any more resources during summer.  I could not stand being in front of the pc in this heat.  Even if our house has air conditioning, it's still so warm everywhere.  So my days are mostly spent in the pool ;)





I didn't take much photos either, even if I have a brand new camera...  Have you ever had that feeling, when you take too many pictures, of not actually "being" or living the present moment.  But watching it from a distance instead, emotions filtered by the lenses...  So, I want to be more "in the moment" this summer.  If I am on the beach. I'm on the beach.  I'm not capturing the beach, I am living the beach.  I will  take photos, but I will try to make more meaningful ones, instead of just journaling our summer...


I have some cool projects in the works as well for September, Source, a workshop.  Which will be posted on this blog.  Seven days of step-by-step editing for beginners to intermediate.  Documents and files will be provided, for Elements and CS.





The website is being redesigned, all the Boutique products will be moved there, on this blog will remain only the free stuff.  Will let you know when it's live!


Have a great upcoming weekend!



9 comments:

Jana Hamarova July 8, 2010 at 5:58 a.m.  

Beautiful photo! So summery :)
I'm looking forward to your workshop!

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses July 8, 2010 at 9:46 a.m.  

Enjoy your summer & thanks for the update! :) Looking forward to the new site going live in September. Hugs & Blessings!

Michelle July 8, 2010 at 10:01 a.m.  

I can relate to that feeling of not being in the moment because I'm behind the lens. I am trying to take less photographs myself!

Jennifer July 8, 2010 at 12:36 p.m.  

Thanks for sharing your feelings about living the moment and not just documenting the moment through images. I agree and needed the reminder. Love your blog by the way and look forward to learning more about your workshop. Enjoy your summer!

Sylvia Cook Photography July 9, 2010 at 8:44 a.m.  

I can relate Isabelle. I applaud you for putting down both the camera and the computer for awhile. Your boys are still young, and you want to enjoy that.
I'm always so impressed with the amount of products and resources you already put out there. You're a very busy lady!
Enjoy the summer! xoxo

Shaina Longstreet July 9, 2010 at 4:11 p.m.  

your workshop sounds awesome!! i'd love some more details. :)

Samm July 10, 2010 at 10:16 a.m.  

I too can relate! It's almost like an obsession to "capture" instead of live the moment. How do you stop it when you feel so compelled to pick up the camera?

Unknown July 12, 2010 at 11:01 a.m.  

I love the photo,perfect summer shot. :) And I totally understand how you're feeling right now about the photos... I have been taking much less, and just enjoying summer in all it's glory. ( even with all the heat we're having, lol)
Looking forward to your workshop!

faith ann raider August 17, 2010 at 8:48 a.m.  

So awesome! good luck with your workshop! I'm hosting a photography one on my blog and I know - it's a LOT of work! :)

Followers

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sylvia Cook Photography button Chasing dreams photography I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts!kevinandamanda.com/fonts
IMPORTANT! © COPYRIGHT Isabelle Lafrance The work contained on this blog is copyrighted©Isabelle Lafrance All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP