Natural light photographer, I thrive on these fleeting moments where the love, joy, or soul shows. My artistic background is always showing through my photography work. You will get the more formal portraits, they are after all, what we are looking for at first . But beyond that, candid moments, soulful mood, unexpected places is also what I want to bring out... I hope you'll like my photographic vision...
Sincerely,
Isabelle ♥

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Boyhood

I was meant to be mother of little boys.  I remember dreaming of holding a baby boy, with soft dark hair even before getting pregnant.  I was blessed with the two most wonderful boys.


I'm always amazed at how a rock, a branch or a leaf can become a priceless treasure to them.  I think it's such an precious ability to be able to cherish such small things.  To find beauty and meaning in what we, as adults, would oversee as useless.  Through their eyes I see now, and it's a beautiful world...







{All three photos were edited using the new textures from the Soulful-Nostalgia collection.
Heirloom, Recollection & Afterthought textures from the Remembrance set.  They blend perfectly with b&w pictures.
The warmer tones in the b&w conversion were achieved by adding Glorious Nature Art tinted overlay over the black and white layer.}



3 comments:

Karin October 8, 2009 at 7:07 a.m.  

They are so sweet Isabelle - you are such a wonderful mother. :) Thank you for sharing how you processed them.

I'm taking a break from blogging. I'm tired of Ute och Inne so I might just start a new one.

Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

Kristina October 9, 2009 at 2:48 a.m.  

what a nice story and wonderful images! you are so great at taking pictures of boys and make it look really boyish pics! i have a son myself and i know what you mean about stones, branches or just pieces of any glass, broken dirty things - those are real treasures to my boy too...he needs everything he finds and i try to learn to accept it, the only thing i ask that he tries to keep it outside ;-)

Natalie Franke October 9, 2009 at 5:49 a.m.  

Absolutely wonderful images! :) I love your blog!!

Followers

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sylvia Cook Photography button Chasing dreams photography I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts!kevinandamanda.com/fonts
IMPORTANT! © COPYRIGHT Isabelle Lafrance The work contained on this blog is copyrighted©Isabelle Lafrance All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP