Natural light photographer, I thrive on these fleeting moments where the love, joy, or soul shows. My artistic background is always showing through my photography work. You will get the more formal portraits, they are after all, what we are looking for at first . But beyond that, candid moments, soulful mood, unexpected places is also what I want to bring out... I hope you'll like my photographic vision...
Sincerely,
Isabelle ♥

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Do you love Lightroom 2 as much as I do?

One of my friends showed Lightroom to me, and I fell in love with it! I love it's sleek design and it's friendly-user interface. It's a workflow software, allowing you to catalog, add tags and edit presets upon uploading. It's fast and perfect when you need minor to moderate adjustments to your photos. With a little slide here and there, your editing is done! What lightroom does is that it creates a virtual catalog, a copy, of your photos, all the time, the changes you make are done on this virtual copy never altering the original. I also use lightroom for all my RAW files.


Lightroom has 5 distincts panels, the first being Library. Where the catalog is, and all the collections you create. It has easy commands, so you can add your photos to the collections folders fast while browsing through your uploads. I like the stars system too! You can give up to 5 stars to a photo, just by typing the number while the photo is on the screen. A fast way to come back to the photos later and work only on the ones you gave 4 or 5 stars to. The library has a fast editing tool, but I rarely use it. When my work is sorted out I then go to the Develop panel.



Click to enlarge


The Develop panel is so easy to use, you just slide away! A little more exposure here, a little contrast there! It's done! You want to go further, use the correction tools, you can add a graduated filter over your photo, for exposure, saturation, even a colored one! You have a brush too, if you want to work with a more defined tool.
Want to add a vignette? It's said, it's done!



Click to enlarge

Next panel is for creating slideshows, a useful and easy tool again, but I seldom use this one, I'm not that into slideshows! But for creating one once in a while it's a nice addition to the software.

Then you have the Print panel, where you resize your photos for printing, again as easy as it comes! Finally you have the Web panel, where you can upload your photos to your website, you will need the FTP coordinates, but if you have already done a website with Frontpage or whatever website building software, you will see it's as much the same.


You can download Lightroom 2, for a 30 days trial version here...
but beware, you may fall in love with it!

Have fun playing with your photos!



2 comments:

Karin May 7, 2009 at 1:13 p.m.  

Thanks for that introduction to Lightroom! We were actually introduced to it once at my local photo club but I haven't had time to try it yet. But I will! :) I do need a good way to organize my shots.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind words about the magnolias. I just realized that I didn't translate that latest post. I've just planted that gorgeous pink magnolia in the garden!

Have a lovely day Isabelle!

Abby Lanes May 7, 2009 at 4:03 p.m.  

Thanks for the info Isabelle. I use aperture and I suspect it's similar. Great information! I apprecaite you.

Followers

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sylvia Cook Photography button Chasing dreams photography I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts!kevinandamanda.com/fonts
IMPORTANT! © COPYRIGHT Isabelle Lafrance The work contained on this blog is copyrighted©Isabelle Lafrance All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP