Natural light photographer, I thrive on these fleeting moments where the love, joy, or soul shows. My artistic background is always showing through my photography work. You will get the more formal portraits, they are after all, what we are looking for at first . But beyond that, candid moments, soulful mood, unexpected places is also what I want to bring out... I hope you'll like my photographic vision...
Sincerely,
Isabelle ♥

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earth Day... Show Earth some love!


Kids need to be taught that their planet is precious. That nature takes time to grow or to heal after we wasted it. My sons pick and grow their own vegetables, I showed them how it's done. A carrot takes three months to grow and three seconds to eat. It's a lot of time to mature and it's gone in a moment.

We planted a lot of trees too. I showed them how to collect the seeds and plant them. How to nurture and care for the plant. When the trees had grown for two years we planted them on their grand-father's land. Most of them were eaten by the deers... But some of them will become mature trees if nature is good with them. It's a lot of work, for small results, but in the long run, it's all gonna be worth it. We still have one of those trees in our backyard, it's been four years now and it only reached 18in.
Nature takes time... It's so important not to waste it away.
Teach them and show them, when they'll see it they'll believe it, and then they'll love it and treasure it!

Have a wonderful Earth Day! Go and do something green today!



4 comments:

Gabensysmom April 22, 2009 at 8:30 a.m.  

What a wonderful memory for your boys as well! Great photo and Happy Earth Day!

Sylvia Cook Photography April 22, 2009 at 9:51 a.m.  

Great sentiments Isabelle, I totally agree. I think that once you're behind the camera lens, the appreciation of nature deepens!

Abby Lanes April 22, 2009 at 10:27 a.m.  

You are so wonderful. Your children are lucky to have you, and so is everyone else on planet earth! You are a wonderful artist and human Isabelle.

Rachael Scott April 23, 2009 at 7:50 a.m.  

you are a good mommy...I feel like i am slacking in the creative department lately and need to turn my focus more to that for my own kids. they will appreciate it someday! HUGS my dear friend!

Followers

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sylvia Cook Photography button Chasing dreams photography I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts!kevinandamanda.com/fonts
IMPORTANT! © COPYRIGHT Isabelle Lafrance The work contained on this blog is copyrighted©Isabelle Lafrance All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP