Natural light photographer, I thrive on these fleeting moments where the love, joy, or soul shows. My artistic background is always showing through my photography work. You will get the more formal portraits, they are after all, what we are looking for at first . But beyond that, candid moments, soulful mood, unexpected places is also what I want to bring out... I hope you'll like my photographic vision...
Sincerely,
Isabelle ♥

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

For the love of webs...


Spider webs covered in dew drops have been a long time favorite of mine. I've always been attracted to their delicate patterns and to all the tiny jewels that clung to them! But capturing them isn't always easy. So many drops, and a shallow DOF means you have to sacrifice focus on some parts of the web... That's where your own personality will decide what you will select as your main focal point.
As for processing, I think, and it's good for all nature shots, that nature has to be processed in order to keep it's essence. A subtle action, texture or added saturation/contrast is good. Unless you want to create something really artistic. Go subtle or all the way, but not in between. That's my personal opinion though, you will do whatever suits your style! And that's good!
So, for the spiderwebs you will likely have to process them, unless you get really lucky! You can't decide where the spider will build its web, and sometimes you will have a wonderful web, but a really dull background, or really low light conditions. That's where your Photoshop skills come in handy!

Here's three different webs, the first one is straight out of camera, the second was lightly edited, and the third, you can say I chose artistic editing!
No such purple where this web was found!



0 comments:

Followers

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sylvia Cook Photography button Chasing dreams photography I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts!kevinandamanda.com/fonts
IMPORTANT! © COPYRIGHT Isabelle Lafrance The work contained on this blog is copyrighted©Isabelle Lafrance All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP