Natural light photographer, I thrive on these fleeting moments where the love, joy, or soul shows. My artistic background is always showing through my photography work. You will get the more formal portraits, they are after all, what we are looking for at first . But beyond that, candid moments, soulful mood, unexpected places is also what I want to bring out... I hope you'll like my photographic vision...
Sincerely,
Isabelle ♥

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another one of my photographic addictions... Birds!


Birds are another one of my photographic addictions… If you read the blog, you will see I have many! Birds are my favorite animals, I am a bird lover! Nothing is better than taking my coffee outside early in the morning and listening to the birds singing…

You can photograph birds mainly for two reasons, the first being for documentary purposes, when all you want is to record the sighting of one bird, or being able to identify it or document its feeding and nesting habits. For this, the composition doesn’t really matter; you will be mostly looking at feathers, heads or beaks. You will need to use a high shutter speed in order to capture most of its flight pattern and get many angles in a shorter time. Once you’re spotted they go fast! Since I am not into documentary, I prefer a more artistic approach. Taking more time to get a nice angle and background, even if it means not getting the shot at first try…

A good telephoto lens will be your weapon of choice. I use my 300mm and it works just fine. A 400mm or more would be a dream, but I can make it work with what I have at the moment. A teleconverter may be used, but remember you will lose in light and DOF, so it works well, in good light conditions. An open field for example.
Get your gear and get some pics! Sometimes you don’t have to go far to get the best pictures, your backyard is full of life! Keep your eyes open!



2 comments:

Abby Lanes March 21, 2009 at 8:52 p.m.  

Oh Isabelle!
All of your bird images are a heavenly sight! I must say, the seagull image pulls at my heart strings! It's so lovely! I feel a spiritual rest looking at these images. You must have a peaceful feeling while capturing them. They're just beautiful!
Hugs!
Abby

Sylvia Cook Photography March 21, 2009 at 9:52 p.m.  

I'm with Abby! Heavenly is right. I don't have a telephoto yet, but if I ever get one, birds will be on my "to do" list. I love yours Isabelle!

Followers

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sylvia Cook Photography button Chasing dreams photography I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts!kevinandamanda.com/fonts
IMPORTANT! © COPYRIGHT Isabelle Lafrance The work contained on this blog is copyrighted©Isabelle Lafrance All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP